Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Moody bitchy day

Wouldn't it be nice to be sunshiny-positive about good and bad events, willing to see the silver lining in the greyest cliche, acting in the relaxed knowledge that,  just for today, one's abilities are maximised and utilizied to the fullest of one's abilities?

Today is not one of those days.

I stop for a coffee at Gloria Jeans.  I list how I feel in a few short sentences.  Then I try and simply write my thinking down.  I write: "I seem to be quite stressed and confused today."

Finally, I get out my to-do list and cross off most of the items.  That feels good.  I write an introduction for a non-fiction book that I have been daydreaming about writing for a couple years.  That feels good too.  So I look out at the pouring rain and don't feel so maudlin all of a sudden.  Just moody and bitchy.  Best not talk to anyone.

This is the first entry for my blog, Gaia Writer.  I am a writer, novelist, poet and former journalist, so being all writing one would expect it will feature some cool stuff sometime soon. 

'Gaia' is my shorthand for the novel I am writing, 'Return To Gaia',  a near-future adventure thriller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter