Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Sonnet: "This is the time to ignore ancestral ghosts..."

This is the time to ignore ancestral ghosts;
The time alone one acts on 'I' alone;
The time to gather and garner my lights
Until, emboldened, 'I' confronts fear in its home.

A ghastly stench of thousands of past lives
Has lingered in the nostrils for too long -
The sacrifice and guilt for which none grieves
And with which everyone's glad to be done!

The blot of fourty thousand year, mankind
Is a bad dream seen in the light of courage.
Insane enough to love without a mind,
Mindful enough to hate without outrage,

'I' spills out suddenly into the world of bliss,
And born anew the Self shouts that it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter