Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Simulated "first drafts" and Nancy Kress

I found and read Nancy Kress' "Beginnings, Middles and Endings." It was marvellous.

Now my unconscious mind, given a formal structure decades more experienced than what I have used, is working to build stories like mad! As Shakti woke me today, stories were churning over in my mind like a turbulent river after snow has melted.

Kress, interestingly, recommends that makebelieve that you write a "simulation" instead of a "great story" because that simulation, when and if finished, will look like a first draft.

The rest of the book is such marvellous detailed work that it would take much time to detail, as much time as could be spent applying it. I made copious notes, anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel G. Taylor said...

Hey Paul,

Can you explain more about the concept of writing a simulation? You haven't explained it fully enough here for me to grasp the idea.

dgt

8:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter