Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Optimal Writing Questions: "How I can simplify the writing process so that it easily creates the optimal first draft?"

I wonder how I can simplify the writing process so that it easily creates the optimal first draft?

Scenario One: I write and write and write and it happens on its own.
Scenario Two: I write, get frustrated and quit.
Scenario Three: I don't write, feel okay about it, and forget about it eventually until it's too late, then quit
Scenario Four: I don't write, I don't feel okay about it, I plan, scheme and foster ideas, until I start late and flounder along.

Scenario Five: Optimal:

I write and write and write.
I plan, scheme and foster ideas.
I get frustrated and grateful and learn emotional management and intellectual management skills.
I feel okay whether I write or not.
I finish what I write.
I write every day.
I write a great deal quickly and lightly.
I research after writing not before.

The four extremes of this are:

1. Making writing a Golden Idol and worshipping it.
2. Forgetting about the Promised Land and losing direction.
3. Striving for self-leadership when good judgment is sufficient.
4. Enslaving myself to a commercial view, instead of a generous and inclusive view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter