Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

God bless the Net.

A disturbing email 'returns' to me. I realize that I never sent that email from my yahoo mailbox. I remember the past...

I once had another yahoo email. One day, when I tried to log in, it told me the password was incorrect.

My email had been hacked. At the time it was just another brick in the wall: I wrote to yahoo help and they could do nothing but send me automated instructions for things I didn't need. I wrote again asking for help desperately but my letter was ignored.

I lost about ten friends in that incident.

Not a week goes past when I won't think of one of those friends. Sadness, guilt, shame, longing, blessing, hope for them, good wishes, alternate when I think of them, far away and lost to me now. Increasingly, recognising the negative quality of these thoughts, I have focussed on blessing my lost friends with love and understanding. Now that I live a much more peaceful life I imagine a time when I will see some or all of them again, explain what happened, and express the sense of love and caring for them which I was not able to at the time.

...So when the email arrives I automatically flip through and change my password. Stuff em! I'm going to check out security options a bit more in the email box itself too.

Now, some might say it's my fault for having a fairly anonymous email box. But I would be happy to upgrade it to a professional yahoo account, if it seemed affordable. For now, however, the most logical thing I can do is backup my email list elsewhere on the net, through my sole other email account with hotmail which I don't use because hotmail just overall sucks.

I have asked a contact for a gmail account too, which would be a lovely freebie from the wonderful internet world! Even in spite of the hassles one encounters online, I still bless the net gratefully for the wonderful blessings it brings to my door everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter