Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blood Test

I got my blood tested yesterday afternoon. Oh it was a learning experience.

Some lessons from blood tests I have known:

- Try to get a blood test when you are feeling in fine mettle. Try to avoid getting a blood test when you are (like I was yesterday) feeling a bit out of it, unwell, fragile, or simply coming down off addictive antidepressant medication.

- Try not to babble. It doesn't help. Nor does silence.

- Try not to mention how painful and degrading it feels when the nice young Chinese Nurse Steve misses the vein SIX FRIGGEN TIMES!!!

- Try not to tell others what to do. They don't know what to do any more than you do.

- Try not to say "thankyou" a lot as a way of getting out their office.

So....

The upshot was that they rang the pathologist and asked if half a miligram of blood was enough for the bloods.

Waiting for a reply, Nurse Steve says "In my country they can use that small amount of blood, but I donknow here."

I refused to have any more jabs after three attempts and ended up with four precisely administered red dots on both elbows.

 
follow me on Twitter