Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Monday, August 07, 2006

More fundamental forces; the wyfe of Bath

I was watching the documentary, The Elegant Universe, on tv last night. It was elegantly explaining the four fundamental forces, how they were discovered, and so on. The explanation was an order of magnitude simpler and more interesting than anything I had seen before, and I was delighted and fascinated by the series.

But at one point in the narrative I stopped and said aloud to myself "I bet there's more than four fundamental forces!" If you look at the way the first four were discovered, it seems probable enough there are more!

Why I would like that to be true is so that the claims of spirituality can be contextualized into a useful context from the point of view of science. There are more things on heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Last night I read the prologue and description of Chaucer's wyfe of Bath, and found her to be a bit of a poseur and sophist, contrary to Harold Bloom's characterization of her as a master ironist. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter