Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

My favorite sport

What are competitive sports on the social level but pressure valves for the primitive drives? And at work, when folk discuss these sports, what else would they be but primitive ways of guaging the degree of competitive quality in the personality, aiding and abetting office politics.

As a game I once invented the ideal sport. It was non-competitive, based on aesthetic merit, it had music and free movement…

“But that’s ballet…” my friend Ry James interrupted, laughing.

But I continued it would be participatory and constrained by rules too, and have multiple venues of expression at once…

“Oh,” he said, “a rave.”

Yes. Thankyou, Ry. My ideal sport is a rave. And what less competitive and more human zone than a ritualistic shared dance party?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter