Gaia is the word for "unity-of-life-processes". The experiment here is to unify the various threads of voice and sense of self together into an undivided unity. Spirituality, economics, politics, science and ordinary life interleaved.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Consider Western Civilization With Me For A Moment


I feel privileged.

I invite you to consider the reality of Western Civilization for the space of three to ten in and out breaths. Just sit and consider the following:

I am surrounded by the most beautiful music ever written in every culture;
By the greatest books and teachers of the ages;
By the accumulated wisdom of a dozen successful societies infused into the society I inhabit.

I am surrounded by a culture distinguished by continual and constantly increasing

- invention in the arts,
- innovation in the sciences,
- and practical applications in medicine, agriculture, technology.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
follow me on Twitter